Sonocampus.org may, for any reason and without notice, discontinue or change all or part of the sonocampus.org website. We also reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice, although we shall use reasonable endeavors to indicate any material changes by sending e-mails to registered users (also see 1.25). Your continued use of the sonocampus.org website after the effective date of any change to these terms and conditions will be treated as acceptance by you of such change.
1. General Conditions
- The Site is intended exclusively for personal use.
- Users who purchase access to one of our courses have the rights to view all course-related contents and will obtain a certificate upon successful completion of the course. Successful completion includes completion of a quiz and a feedback questionnaire.
- The Purchase of a course, unless stated otherwise, gives the right to access the content for the duration of the consecutive six months after the Purchase. Nevertheless, a longer timespan may be bidden only within the scope of special offers.
- The non-gratuitous access to our site is restricted and ends after completion of the course, which usually takes place 6 months after the start of the course. Access to the free content of our website is not limited in time. However, we reserve the rights to deny access or terminate the membership of users who do not comply with these Terms & Conditions.
- The intellectual property rights in this website, including without limitation, in all documents, files, text, images, RSS feeds, audio files, podcasts, video files, tutorials, graphics, devices and code contained in it and in this website’s general “look and feel”, is owned by sonocampus.org.
- You are authorized to print extracts or documents from this website provided under additional resources (except for any third party owned content which has been identified as such) for your non-commercial use provided any such copy or print retains all copyright or other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained within them.
- Other than as specifically mentioned above, reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form, including framing, creating any derivative work based on this website and or its content, incorporation into other websites, electronic retrieval systems or publications is prohibited.
- You may not use any diagrams, illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics without our permission.
- Except for the limited permission set out above, nothing on this website should be construed as granting any other right or license.
- All product names referred to on this website are our trademarks or of our affiliates, except for those marks which are indicated as owned by other companies and all rights are reserved.
- In the event that you submit any material for inclusion on this website (including without limitation, personal information, know-how, comments, ideas, questions, techniques, abstracts or similar), you agree (i) that such material will not be deemed to be confidential (ii) that such material will not be deemed to be proprietary and (iii) to grant to us an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, disclose, copy, modify, adapt, publicly display and translate all or any of such material for any purpose whatsoever without restriction. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to remove or delete, without notice, any material you submit for inclusion on this website. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. Posting or sharing of inappropriate language such as insults, swear-words etc. will have to be removed by our administrators and can result in the termination of your account, in which case, previous payments will NOT be reimbursed.
- You must not share your account information (user & password) with anyone else (one account and login per user). Any violations of this rule will result in the termination of your account. Any previous payments will NOT be reimbursed.
- Any content that is presented on our Site exclusively belongs to us or our partners. You may not download, copy or distribute any of our proprietary content (i.e. videos, ultrasound videos, slides etc.), except for content specified under 1.6.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure and secret.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your user name.
- You may not use the Site’s service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. Users agree to comply with all applicable local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not, in the use of the Site, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, user names, files, links (“Content”) that you submit and post on the Site.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Site or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Site.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to anyone (“spam”).
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to our website, the server on which our website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of- service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. In accordance with good computing practice, you are advised to virus check all materials and/or content accessed and/or downloaded from this website using commercially available, up to date virus checking software.
- This website may contain third party owned content (e.g. articles, image libraries, data feeds or abstracts) and may also include hypertext links to third party owned websites. We provide such third-party content and links as a courtesy to our users. Links are provided for your information only. We have no control over any third party owned websites or content referred to, accessed by or available on this website and, therefore, we do not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third-party websites or content or for the availability of such websites. In particular, we do not accept any liability arising out of any allegation that any third party owned content (whether published on this, or any other, website) infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or any liability arising out of any information or opinion contained on such third party website or content.
- Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of your account. In this case, tuition fee will not be reimbursed.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the free service the Site provides for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
2. Termination of your membership and right of withdrawal of purchased courses
- Any authorized user of sonocampus.org can terminate the membership within a thirty-day notice.
- According to the Money Back Guarantee, users who are not satisfied with the Basic course within the first 30 days (depending on the purchased product/offer) after payment, and have completed less than 30% of the purchased course, will receive a reimbursement of 100% of their fee.
- Users who terminate their user-ship after the first month will receive no reimbursement.
3. Information about us
This international Site is operated by sonocampus.org (“we”, “our” and “us”). We are a company “Sonocampus GmbH”, registered in Vienna, Austria. Our registered trading office is at Nobilegasse 49/3, 1150 Vienna, Austria.
- We always try to keep the content as up to date as possible. However, as a result of ongoing medical advances and developments, the information on this website may not always be completely up to date and, for this reason, such information is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. This fact has to be considered on the user’s part when medical decisions are made on behalf of a patient. We will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing the sonocampus.org web site, but while we makes reasonable efforts to keep the data and information available on our systems accurate, we can make no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, regarding the quality, accuracy, availability, completeness or validity of the data or information. We accept no liability for incorrect or inaccurate information. You acknowledge that the sonocampus.org web site is provided “as is”. Neither we nor any of its employees or agents warrants that the sonocampus.org web site will be uninterrupted or error free. Use of data and information obtained from or through the sonocampus.org web site is at your sole risk. No liability is accepted by Sonocampus for loss or corruption of data. Treatment and other patient management decisions should not solely be based on information provided on our website. We thus recommend that treating physicians always refer to available guidelines whenever possible.
- Sonocampus’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence shall be unlimited. We shall have no liability in respect of any other loss or damage sustained by you relating to the provision of the sonocampus.org web site, whether caused by breach of contract or misrepresentation or by negligence or other tort (civil wrong) by us. For such purpose we shall include our officers, employees, agents, affiliates and sub-contractors.
- We shall not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, or for any incidental, consequential, economic, indirect loss or special damage suffered by you arising from any liability of Sonocampus under or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the sonocampus.org web site whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.